Monday, January 26, 2009

Technology

I'm never one who has been happy with technology, even though I've lived with it for the near 40 years that I have been on this earth.
I use Google alerts to alert me to any happening stories on groups, individuals and organisations around the world. Once you've entered the info Google then automatically fires you off an e-mail as soon as something has been posted about the group, individual or organisation you are monitoring.
I have to say that it's great when it works, but it becomes somewhat tedious after a while trying to sort out BSE in its mad cow form from the the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) reports that share the same initials.
I've one alert on a Scottish businessman that keeps firing me reports on the English cricket side, is there any game in the world more boring than cricket; rounders with a set of sticks?
Still Google alerts are worth it. If you're a journalist can you afford to be without them, I would ask?

No comments: